Medicare 2018 – What’s New, What’s Not
$39; 1.5 contact hrs;
Attend this course to learn what’s new with Medicare for outpatient physical and occupational therapy. Medicare has made some major changes to the fee schedule. It is prudent that all outpatient therapists understand proper billing and coding and how these changes will impact their Medicare reimbursement. Also learn what is potentially ahead for 2019. (Not approved for ATC’s)
- Identify the major changes in the 2018 Medicare Fee Schedule and the impact on outpatient therapy.
- Identify the most commonly used CPT codes in therapy and the best practice for coding in outpatient therapy.
- Identify documentation strategies to justify the use of chosen codes and support medical necessity.
- Identify potential Medicare changes for 2019 and clinic needs for preparation for 2019.
- General Changes in Medicare
- Changes in the Medicare Fee Schedule and Therapy Cap
- Understanding CPT codes and How to Bill and Document appropriately
- What’s Coming Next Year
- Q/A and Adjourn
- ROBBIE LEONARD, PT, DPT
Robbie Leonard, PT, DPT is a 1986 graduate of Clemson University (B.S. Microbiology), 1988 graduate of Duke University (M.S. Physical Therapy) and a 2017 graduate of the transitional DPT program at the University of Montana (tDPT). Robbie has clinical and administrative experience in both hospital and outpatient private practices. She has served as an educator in many capacities including providing continuing education seminars nationwide in the area of Medicare, compliance, billing and coding, neurological rehabilitation and rehabilitation administration. She has taught in the academic setting at the Medical University of South Carolina and currently teaches the Administration Course at Western Carolina University. Robbie has owned a private practice and has served as the VP of Administration for a large private practice with over 250 employees and 30 clinics in multiple states. Robbie has completed the Lean Healthcare Certificate Program at Belmont University and has experience implementing Lean Methodology in Outpatient Therapy. Robbie is currently the Chief Operating Officer for the Medical Billing Center, Inc. MBC specializes in billing for outpatient therapy businesses.