Kettlebells: Moving from the ground up is designed for rehabilitation professionals who have begun using basic KB exercises in rehabilitation and now want to learn how to identify abnormal movement and restore normal movement patterns using KB’s in rehabilitation. This course will go over various ways to evaluate normal movements, how to isolate abnormal movement patterns and harness the principles of motor learning to restore more normal movement. The KB is a unique rehabilitation tool in its design and usage which will help to augment any sound rehabilitation program.
ONLINE COURSE OBJECTIVES
- Identify common barriers to normal movements
- Identify the steps of motor learning
- Identify which isolated movements must be improved for normal functional motion
- Identify the movement sequences by joint actions, planes of motion, primary, secondary and stabilizing muscles used in the Turkish Get Up
ONLINE COURSE AGENDA
- Restoring proper movement is at the core of what we do
- There are multiple barriers to normal movement
- Which barriers can be addressed with KB’s
- Why is ground up training so important
- How can I modify this for “my patient”
- Q/A Session and Adjourn
ONLINE COURSE PRESENTER
- Brad Keisling, PT, CSCS
Brad Keisling, PT, CSCS, is an educator and clinician having graduated from Ithaca College Department of Physical Therapy where he was a member of the football team. He brings with him 16 years of orthopedic experience as the center manager for Drayer Physical Therapy in outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine in Hilton Head, SC. In addition to being a licensed physical therapist, Brad is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and a Level 1 Instructor for Kettlebell Concepts and has been able to incorporate both into rehabilitation, especially of the injured athlete.